Posts Tagged ‘white pizza with fennel’
Homemade pizza dough is so easy, its not funny – so I share that here, then I share with you my latest pizza concoction that included fresh ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, goat cheese, parmesan and even sliced thin fennel creating a wonderful bright tasting pizza. It is also a nice flat bread you can use to supplement dinner with. As I type this recipe out, I think I might make more of this for tonight.
- The prep time could be less, depending upon how long it takes your dough to double in size. The first list is for your basic pizza dough, which you can then use to make your own pizza with your favorite toppings….I then list what I used for my fennel inspired white pizza.
- 1 entire package of yeast
- 1 cup hot water 110 degrees
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 – 3 cups flour
- 1/8 cup of corn meal
- cookie sheet
- olive oil
Leah’s White Pizza with Fennel:
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin with reserved frawns set aside
- 2 tablespoons or less fresh chopped fine rosemary (I love rosemary, can never get enough, so I use about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 small onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt, fresh cracked pepper
- red chili flakes (totally optional)
- 1/4 cup or more of parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup of shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil or less
- To make pizza dough, by hand or with mixer with dough hook, add yeast to bottom and add hot water to yeast, let yeast ‘bloom’ for five minutes.
- Add olive oil, then flour.
- Add flour and mix by hand or with electric mixer and start slowly at first. Add salt and mix again.
- Line bowl and gently drizzle a little olive oil into bowl.
- Turn out dough onto working surface and knead for four minutes.
- Create ball and put into bowl, greasing the top of the ball dough with the olive oil.
- Cover with clean dish towel and set in a warm spot in your kitchen to allow dough to double in size – anywhere from 30 to 80 minutes…
- I usually place my dough in the oven with it turned off, it doubles very quickly this way.
- Once doubled, turn out onto floured working surface, work with fingers or rolling pin, and roll out into a pie or rectangular shape.
- Sprinkler corn meal onto cookie sheet and place pie dough onto cookie sheet. Top with your favorite toppings and cook in 450 degree preheated hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
To Make Leah’s White Pizza with Fennel:
- After you have made the pizza dough, add crumbled goat cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese on top of dough.
- Add thinly slice up onions and sprinkle over the pizza dough.
- Add garlic, sliced fennel, salt, pepper, rosemary.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then add parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until pie dough is ready.
- Cut into strips to serve as a side, or slices to serve up as a meal.
OK, Off I go to make more of this wonderful side dish…. so crispy and light.