Blondie Eaters have more fun! I simply had to share our family’s tried and true fave blondie recipe which calls for a lot less flour than other recipes mentioned elsewhere. My best blondies recipe include semi-sweet chocolate morsels and are super moist and chewy – perfect for freezing and keep super well (should they last at all) in a sealed container on your counter. Enjoy going Blond…
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 cup light brown packed sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour (yes I know, off and odd amount, but it works! – the extra 2 tablespoons help offset the extra shortening used along with the fat in the chocolate morsels.)
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- ***Optional additional ingredients to add:
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice (try salted peanuts – oh yum!)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup or more of shredded sweet coconut
- ***Equipment needed: 8x8x2 greased baking pan, one working oven at 350 degrees, people who are needing their best blondies but bad.
- In mixer, cream butter, then add brown sugar and mix till light and creamed.
- Add eggs and beat well till light and fluffy – 1 minute.
- Add Vanilla extract, mix briefly once more.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Start mixer slowly at first, then mix till well combined.
- Stop mixer and either by hand or slowly with mixer add your preferred additional ingredient chasers (I used just the chocolate morsels today as photo shows)
- Pour and spread batter into greased 8×8 pan and bake on middle rack for 30-35 minutes.
- Lick bowl and drool, set timer for 30 minutes.
- Let blondies cool, then cut into 9 pieces (or less if you dare – lol) and serve ‘em up.
- Dust with a little confectioner’s sugar if you would like for extra decadence at parties. These truly are a fave recipe of our family and we make at least 4 batches just for the holidays and mail them out to our troops!
So enjoy this easy to make spread cookie we know and love as blondies. Let it become one of your family’s favorites too! Check out my other recipes too at Divaliscious at GroupRecipes.com