Best Grilled Rib Eye Steak
I finally have gotten the boyfriend to learn that rib eye steaks are simply one of the juiciest and tender steaks available. While being quick to grill, dinner can be ready in a flash. I am sure you have seen a variety of recipes out there, but there is a theme to this particular recipe, simpler is better.
Yes you can apply dry rubs, marinate a steak for hours upon hours, but this little trick will make the next rib eye steak you make taste superb and lovely.
- Rib eye steak 1 inch thick per person
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper (fresh cracked pepper a must)
- white or brown sugar
- olive oil
- butter (yes the real McCoy)
- grill pan – I have a grill pan than has raised ribs to leave nice marks on the steaks which I can use inside my kitchen
- If cooking inside, make sure you have adequate ventilation
- Working timer – you will be broiling 3 and a half minutes per side for medium rare steaks
- 1 large onion and bell pepper (optional)
- You really want to have your broiler, grill, grill pan preheated for at least five minutes so that you will create an excellent sear to keep in the juices.
- You will let the steak ‘rest’ – by pulling it off the heat once done for five to eight minutes, and placing it on a plate without cutting into it.
- Take steaks out of the refrigerator, unwrap them and place them on a large plate. You want to leave them out of the refrigerator for one hour to allow them to get the chill off of them.
- I start the heat under my grill pan about 7 minutes before I am about to cook the steak.
- Sprinkler about a half a teaspoon of sugar on each side of the steaks, add good amount of salt and a large amount of freshly cracked pepper.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on one side and place steak on grill with coated olive sided steak down onto grill.
- Start timer for 4 minutes. After two minutes, using tongs, pick up steak and rotate 45-90 degrees so you get nice marks on that one side.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil on the side you didn’t and turn steak over when 4 minutes is up.
- Allow to cook for 4 minutes and take off steak and place onto platter.
- Take a teaspoon of butter and place it onto steak to melt while the steak is still hot.
- While steak is resting, put onion and pepper slices onto grill. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and olive oil. Add a little sugar to the onions. Allow to grill for at least 3-5 minutes on one side then turn.
- By the time the veggies are done, you can simply put them on top of the steak and serve.
If you should find these on sale, by all means take advantage of these easy to make, quick grilling steaks. I prefer them with the bone still in, the marbling allows for a moist and tender steak that makes you feel like a million bucks – serve them up with crisp blanched greenbeans and with the grilled onions and peppers, you will have created yourself a fine meal.